In 1412, the three priories in the Forêt de Soignes (Rouge-Cloître, Sept-Fontaines and Groenendael) joined the congregation of Windesheim.  The constitutions of this congregation offer a new insight into the 15th century ‘habits and customs’ of these canons regular. The archaeological monitoring of the last twenty years of various development works on the site and the building archaeology studies undertaken for more than ten years by the Brussels-Capital Region on the Rouge-Cloître site offer, for their part, a view of the construction and development of the priory – from the laying of the first stone of the church in 1381, to the reconstruction of its choir between 1511 and 1520, through the architectural development of the priory throughout the 15th century.  The visit will attempt to cross-reference these two realities: those of the practices and customs of the Canons Regular (of Windesheim), written down in the first half of the 15th century, and the architectural development of the site at the same time. The restoration of the Prior’s house will also be a key part of this visit.

Informations
Priory of the Rouge-Cloître in Auderghem
rue du Rouge-Cloître 4, 1160 Auderghem
Guided visit of ground floor, ground floor and 1st floor
Meeting point Centre d’Art de Rouge-Cloître
Duration 30 min
Max. 15 persons